348LON CW Assessment – Developing as an HR Business Partner (Recorded Video Presentation)
For the End of Module assessment for students taking this module for the first time you will have the opportunity to undertake an analysis of your own professional development needs in relation to the role of HR Business Partner in an industry of interest to you. You will be required to
present your analysis to your line manager in a self-recorded video presentation (10 minutes video recording) to gather their support and
commitment. In your presentation you should address the following questions:
1. What is the role of the International HR Business Partner in your specific chosen industry?
2. How has the industry and this role changed over the last 10 years and how is the role expected to change in the future?
3. What challenges do International HR Business partners currently face in the different HRM areas in your chosen industry e.g. recruitment, selection, employee participation, learning and development etc.?
4. What influence do external stakeholders exert on the typical
responsibilities of International HR Business Partners?
5. As an HR Business Partner how can you contribute to the strategic success of the organisation? Demonstrate these using specific key performance indicators in HR
6. Discuss your skills development requirements to progress to the role of an HR Business Partner and specific request for the training to help you to excel in this career. The presentation should be no longer than 10 minutes and should include the use of appropriate audio-visual materials to cover the above six questions. You will be expected to submit a copy of your presentation slides to the assignment link provided on Aula.
The Presentation Slides (maximum 15 slides not including the title slide and slide/s with the list of references) must contain detailed explanation notes in the notes section of each slide. You will need to
submit your slide-pack to the link on Aula called ‘348LON CW
Another link will be available for the recorded video presentation.
Hence, there are two deliverables in this assignment:
An individual 10-minute Self-recorded Video that captures each student answering the key questions above. You may use a software such as Screencast-O-Matic (free software that can be downloaded
from http://screencast-o-matic.com ). You will need to save the presentation on your desktop or laptop and then upload it to Aula on the link called ‘348LON CW Recorded Video Submission’
Presentation Duration: 10 minutes. Each student will have 10 minutes in total in the recording. Please note that you will be penalised (i.e. lose marks) if you exceed your scheduled time. You will also be unable to upload the presentation if the file size exceeds the size specified, hence it
is important that you keep the time limit of 10 minutes for the recording.
To summarise, these are the steps to be followed:
1. Create your presentation answering all questions on the assignment brief in PowerPoint and save the slides to a folder on your laptop
2. Use Screencast-o-matic to record a 10 minute video presentation using these presentation slides. Save the video to your laptop.
3. Upload your recorded video to the submission link titled ‘348 CW Video Presentation Submission’ on Aula.
Guidelines – you have been asked to produce a slide-pack – it should contain the following:
Appropriate cover sheet – ensure that this is attached as the first
slide of your presentation
Title page, including the given title in full and your name/SID
Main body, which should also be organised under appropriate
Reference List using the University’s APA Referencing guidelines.
Appendices which should be numbered – make sure you refer your
reader to them