Submit a 500-750 word referenced reflection on what you feel were the key items covered during the week and how they might apply to your present or future education, life, or ministry. This is a very important part of the learning experience each week and should contain a significant reflection on what you have learned. Students are encouraged to read other classmates’ posts and engage with their peers, but not required to post a response.
Specifically, you should report on:
- What is the most significant thing I learned this week?
- How did what I learned change my thinking about this week’s topic?
- How will I use (or have I used) this knowledge in my life?
- What previous experiences relate to what I read and learned?
- (optional) What questions do I still have about what I learned this week?
The above five (5) weekly reflection questions are independent of each other, meaning that your response to each question may or may not be a continued discussion of the previous question. It is possible to have five (5) entirely different responses to five (5) different aspects of what you learned this week.
To score well, the reflection must make reference to the assigned reading (including parenthetical references), will include suggested real-world manifestations of the course material, and will include a plan for implementing the material in a personal and/or professional setting.