This assignment is an individual assignment.
This assignment requires you to select ONE of the sustainable development goals (SDG) below and identify one
of the challenges this goal seeks to resolve. You should produce a 2000-word essay outlining the challenge and your proposed solution.
Access to education for children
Quality Education (SDG #4)
Criteria for Assessment
1. Introduction to the sustainable development goal and the different global stakeholders
2. Description of the challenge using the Ingenuity process questions (who is affected, where
does the problem occur, what are the consequences and why does the problem exist) 40%
3. Discuss your proposed solution highlighting potential demand, innovativeness of the idea,
feasibility and attractiveness and how these contribute to entrepreneurial success or failure 40%
4. Use of resources and evidence of reading and research 10%
This assignment is designed to assess learning outcomes:
1. Critically evaluate key theoretical concepts underpinning technological change, innovation and
entrepreneurship shaped by organisational, economic and social factors.
2. Explore and synthesise various options in technology/innovation policy and how these reflect different criteria used by different global stakeholders and entrepreneurs.
3. Critically analyse the individual characteristics and social forces associated with entrepreneurs and
innovators, and the skills required to be an entrepreneur/innovator, how these can contribute to
entrepreneurial success or failure.
The word count is 2000
There will be a penalty of a deduction of 10% of the mark (after internal moderation) for work exceeding the
word limit by 10% or more.
The word limit includes quotations and citations, but excludes the references list.