This is an individual assignment
This assignment requires you to write an individual 2000 words originalreportto addressthe following
Choose one international company from the manufacturing industry. As an HR director, you are
requested to propose an international human resource management plan to manage the
international staffing. You are to formulate a critical report to the board of directors with the
• Discuss the causes and impact of expatriate failure.
• Evaluate the current international staffing practices in the chosen company.
• Recommend an effective international staffing strategy.
To accomplish these objectives, you will be expected to
• a) develop and analyse the causes and impact of expatriate failure. This analysis will be based
on a critical evaluation of the relevant literature about the theoretical debate on expatriate
management, Cross Cultural Management and IHRM;
• b) evaluate the expatriate management practices in the company you choose; This evaluation
should consider the expatriate training, reward, performance management, and talent
• c) draw conclusions and suggest recommendations regarding to a thoughtful and practical
international staffing management strategy.
Criteria for Assessment
This assignment is designed to assess learning outcomes:
1. Critically evaluate the relationship between the impact of culture on organizational life
2. Identify and contrast key areas of similarity and difference in HR practice between countries
3. Measure and critically analyse the impact and effectiveness of international assignments
Tables, diagrams, appendices and references are omitted from the overall word count:
Sections contributing to the word count are indicated. You may also include tables, diagrams and
models. Ensure that all tables, diagrams and models are labelled, include a citation and are discussed
in the text. Appendices and reference list are not included in the word count.
You must state the number of words used on the front cover of the assignment.
This table details the weightings of the criteria by which your work will be assessed.
Coursework element Mark split
Effective use of appropriate literature to support points 35%
Discussion and analysis 35%
Recommendation and Conclusion 20%