Prior to beginning work on this assignment, review Chapter 22 of the textbook. PLEASE SEE DISCUSSION Oct 20th for uploads of Chapter 22.
Imagine that you have been hired as a quality control data analyst. The company you have been hired for has experienced a decline in their sales numbers. The CEO speculates that there may be some areas for improvement in their quality control practices. You have a strong background in data analytics, but you know little about quality control practices. As a data analyst, you need to determine some key data points that will assist you in identifying any problem areas in the quality control process.
In your paper,
- Identify data that you believe would be useful in assessing for quality control.
- Discuss your strategy for identifying key data points, including the type of data you gather and where you will look to find this data.
- Determine the best way to present this data, considering data visualization tools we examined previously.
- Summarize how you would go about creating a quality control proposal for this company. What are some of the key points you would consider for quality control?
The Analyzing Quality Data paper
- Must be three double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must utilize academic voice.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment below:
Total Possible Score: 8.00
Identifies Data Useful in Assessing Quality Control
Distinguished – Clearly and accurately identifies data useful in assessing quality control.
Discusses Strategy for Identifying Key Data Points, Including the Type of Data Gathered and Where to Find the Data
Distinguished – Comprehensively discusses strategy for identifying key data points, including the type of data gathered and where to find the data.
Determines the Best Way to Present the Data, Considering Data Visualization Tools
Distinguished – Thoroughly and accurately determines the best way to present the data, fully considering data visualization tools.
Summarizes Creating a Quality Control Proposal for the Company, Including Key Points to Consider for Quality Control
Distinguished – Comprehensively summarizes creating a quality control proposal for the company, including key points to consider for quality control.
Written Communication: Control of Syntax and Mechanics
Distinguished – Displays meticulous comprehension and organization of syntax and mechanics, such as spelling and grammar. Written work contains no errors and is very easy to understand.
Written Communication: APA Formatting
Distinguished – Accurately uses APA formatting consistently throughout the paper, title page, and reference page.
Written Communication: Page Requirement
Distinguished – The length of the paper is equivalent to the required number of correctly formatted pages.
Written Communication: Resource Requirement
Distinguished – Uses more than the required number of scholarly sources, providing compelling evidence to support ideas. All sources on the reference page are used and cited correctly within the body of the assignment.