For this assignment, make sure you post your initial responses to the Discussion Area by the due date assigned.
To support your work, use your course and text readings and the South University Online Library. As in all assignments, cite your sources in your work and provide references for the citations in APA format.
Start reviewing and responding to the postings of your peers as early in the week as possible. Respond to at least two of your peers’ initial postings. Participate in the discussion by asking a question, providing a statement of clarification, providing a point of view with a rationale, challenging an aspect of the discussion, or indicating a relationship between two or more lines of reasoning in the discussion. Cite sources in your responses to other peers. Complete your participation for this assignment by the end of the week.
The Value of Studying Ethics in Leadership
Choose one of the following statements and argue your position (are you in favor or opposed to the statement). You should use at least three credible sources from texts or journals to support your argument.
- We can become more ethical leaders by examining cases of unethical leadership.
- The most important quality a leader should have is authenticity.
- Incompetent leaders can’t be ethical leaders.
- It is possible to use transformational leadership strategies to reach unethical objectives.
- An action or a decision cannot be ethical unless a leader reaches it using ethical processes.
- Traditional leadership theories and moral standards are not adequate to help employees solve complex organizational issues.