Having experienced a robust debate discussion on the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats, and trends (SWOTT) analysis and strategic planning for a particular fast-food franchise, it is time to shift gears a bit and consider the competition in the fast-food industry. Read this article to frame this week’s discussion. Complete the following:
- Identify 1 or 2 other major competitors in the fast-food industry, and describe their sources of competitive advantage.
- Discuss a current issue that this industry faces. It could be favorable or unfavorable to the industry.
- Which of the major competitors has the strongest competitive advantage and ability to overcome the barriers presented by the current issues identified and why?
Part 2: Based on the first initial of your last name:
- First initial M-Z: provide an argument ‘FOR’ the success of the fast-food franchise’s competitors. Submit your position by posting in the Unit 3 Debate forum, under the ‘FOR’ topic.
- First initial A-L: provide an argument ‘AGAINST’ the ability of the competition to overtake fast-food franchise. Submit your position by posting in the Unit 3 Debate forum, under the ‘AGAINST’ topic.
In both considerations, provide research that supports your assertions.