Summary of Assessment Method: A management report applying strategic management concepts and frameworks to a real-life organisation and/or industry situation (up to 2,500 words maximum)
Assesses Learning Outcomes: 2
You are asked to develop a management report analysing the situation of a case study business, which you can choose yourself, but it should not be a business you have used in previous modules (we can check!). Your report will carry out a strategic analysis and make strategic recommendations for the future direction of the business. You should use a variety of theoretical materials as well as company/market/sector data in order to complete the report.
The template for your report should at the least be as follows, but of course you should reflect the content of your own report and amend the template/section titles as necessary:
• Title Page (title should be specific to the report)
• Contents Page
• Brief Background to Case Study Organisation
• Internal and External Analysis (25%)
• Identification of Company’s Sustainable Competitive Advantage (25%)
• Strategic Recommendations Based on Analysis, and Discussion of Implementation Issues (25%)
• Reference List
25% of your mark will be for demonstration of overall, coherent critical analysis and
structured, sensible argument.