- The director of Information Technology (IT) has indicated that the Board of Directors is compiling a corporate portfolio on ethics and has asked all departments to contribute information on how to write policy statements that reflect a code of ethics. The director of IT has asked for you to provide an example of a policy statement that reflects work you do in IT administration.
Research the cultural and global political considerations for the use of a sharing service as presented in the lab and the data which could be hosted and made available via the Internet. Reflect on the idea that some issues, such as keeping data unalterable, could transcend cultures, while other IT choices could depend on your cultural perspective.
Consider the following:
- How cultural perspective could impact the security decisions of an administrator setting up SharePoint® Server 2013 citing choices that were made in the labs
- Global political issues, such as corruption, human rights, and rights to privacy in the U.S. and Key Nations, based on your readings and discussions this week
- Write a 1- to 2-page example of a policy statement using Microsoft Word. Complete the following in your document:
- A brief description of the types of data that are hosted and made available via the Internet using SharePoint® Server 2013. Include at least 2 types.
- At least 2 cultural or global political considerations for sharing services (e.g., privacy rights)
- Your opinion regarding any IT choices that seem to transcend culture
- At least 1 example of choices you have when administering SharePoint® Server 2013 that could depend on your ethical stance
- A brief policy statement for configuring SharePoint® Server 2013 that aligns with your ethical stance on data integrity (e.g., “The organization will seek to protect confidential and proprietary information when configuring SharePoint® Server 2013.”)
- Cite any references to support your assignment.