Assessment Learning Outcomes
This assignment is designed to assess learning outcomes:
1. Describe the importance and project management principles and summarize the typical components of processes that are considered essential to any project.
2. Understand and critically assess business cases and project selection methods.
3. Construct a project management plan that documents the actions necessary to define and coordinate activities, assesses project deliverables, and ensures the control and management of cost, schedule, and changes to the project.
5. Select, apply and evaluate project management tools and techniques for the effective and successful
implementation of a project.
6. Identify the effects of projects on individuals and stakeholders and be able to develop an effective project team within an organisation.
Details of the task (for BA Global Business Management students) Coursework Assignment (60%)
Create a project report for the development of a city i.e. constructing a bridge, power station development, renovation of a city centre, infrastructure projects by considering the importance of
technology and sustainability.
1. Provide an overview of the project: including the purpose, concept and design of the project, the rationale behind, and planned outputs.
2. Evaluate the feasibility of the project using TELOSS framework.
3. Produce a scope statement including a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) for your project.
4. Discuss how key stakeholders have been managed and present the communication plan implemented during the project.
5. Assess all resources required to implement a project especially assess the role and the importance of Information Communication Technology (ICT).
6. Critically discuss how 7S framework has been developed to address the major resource conflicts.
7. Produce the Gantt chart, network diagram and indicate the critical path.
8. Evaluate the outcomes of a project and provide recommendations for improvements to the project.
Students will submit an individual report.
You have been asked to produce a report. It should contain the following:
Appropriate coversheet (as attached in this document – please ensure
appropriate coversheet is attached to your assessment brief)
Title Page, including the given title in full.
Main body, which should also be organised under appropriate
Appendices, which should be numbered.
o Make sure you refer your reader to them as required.
Your work should be word processed in accordance with the following:
Font style, Arial, font size 12
1.5 line spacing.
The page orientation should be ‘portrait’
Margins on both sides of the page should be no less than 2.5 cm
Pages should be numbered
Your name should not appear on the script.
Your student number should be included on every page.