1. Please visit these websites (in order) first and complete the activity: (copy and paste the links into your browser)
a. Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mfUGWif6pQ
b. Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFYYJZwYy_8
2. Which person did you pick and why? How confident were you in your answer when you picked the person out of the lineup? Why were you confident/not confident?
3. After completing the above, watch these videos about Ronald Cotton:
a. Part 1 video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-SBTRLoPuo
b. Part 2 video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4V6aoYuDcg
4. Learn more about eyewitness misidentification and other issues:
5. Discuss your opinion about Ronald Cotton’s case, the issues involved and how it may relate to the activity you did with the lineup.
6. Based on what you learned from all of the materials, what types of factors/issues do you think can contribute to false identification? Support your response.
If a link doesn’t work, copy and paste it into a new tab in your browser.