You work on the IT team at a local college. You are currently on an Information Systems (IS) project that is enhancing the registration system. You have a student intern who is inexperienced and untrained. The intern has only taken one information systems course. Your team lead has asked you to prepare a report about the project. In a 3–5-page report, complete the following:
- Locate information about several computer-aided software engineering (CASE) tools on the Web (note that you will also find helpful readings in Chapter 13 of your text).
- What features do the tools offer that could be beneficial to use in the development of your project?
- How do you think using them can reduce cycle time and increase quality?
- What are some difficulties that you think the intern might have in trying to develop the information system?
- What basic controls should be included in that system to ensure that students are enrolled in the classes they request?
- What security should be included in the system to prevent inappropriate use of it?